Aug 19, 2024

Living Wisely

Be careful then how you live,
not as unwise people but as wise,
making the most of the time,
because the days are evil.

A wise person once said to me, "On Sunday, you will find me in church someplace."

I also practice this discipline because I believe that emerging from Sunday worship is a strengthening of one’s spirit through the “Psalms and hymns and spiritual songs” we sing to the Lord.

So, as I enter a church, I am eager for the strengthening of my spirit through the music as we sing to the Lord and encourage each other.

Paul’s letter to the Ephesians encourages them (and us) to live a life filled with the Spirit giving thanks at “all times and for everything” in Christ’s name.

This is the beginning of wise living emerging from individual Christians and Christian communities.

My understanding of evil days is the tension created by violence, hatred, and discrimination resulting in a lack of hope for people experiencing these hostilities.

Wise living in the present age is applying our worship time lifting up the name of Jesus and celebrating all that God has done in Christ.

Wise living goes way beyond the door of the church.

Wise living, I believe, is using Jesus’ God-given, Spirit-empowered teachings in our life’s journey so that our Christian living reflects our actions in Jesus’ name.

Since I am confident in God’s faithfulness, I am looking forward to next Sunday’s worship, no matter what the format, simplicity or formality, I will be Spirit-powered to live my Christian discipleship in Jesus’ name.


No comments:

Post a Comment