"And he told them many thingsin parables, saying:“Listen! A sower went out to sow."
Reflecting on the Parable of the Sower, I realize that
being "good soil" isn't something I achieve once. It's something I must
cultivate every day.
Some seasons in my life I was distracted like the path,
excited but shallow like the rocky soil, or overwhelmed by worries like the
thorny ground. Encouragement comes knowing God is always at work, helping us
become more receptive to the Word.
One lesson I've learned is that deep roots don't grow
overnight.
They develop through small, consistent habits. Reading Scripture
each day helps me stay connected to God's truth, especially when life feels
uncertain.
Prayer has become more than a list of requests; it is a
conversation where I can bring my fears, hopes, and gratitude before God.
I've also discovered that faith grows deeper when practiced.
It's one thing to
read about forgiveness, patience, and generosity; it's another thing to live
them out when circumstances are difficult. Often, the moments that have
strengthened my faith the most were not the easy ones but the challenging times
forcing me to depend fully on God.
My Church family has been important as well as I received encouragement
from others helping me stay rooted when
I felt discouraged or weary.
Jesus said, "But the seed falling on good soil
refers to someone who hears the word and understands it. This is the one who
produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown"
(Matthew 13:23).
Reflecting on this parable faces me to ask myself: What kind of soil am I cultivating today?
The answer is found in the daily
choices that either draw me closer to God or allow distractions to take over.
The good news is that God is patient and continues nurturing growth in every
willing heart.
Comments
Post a Comment